The 2016 Tenth Annual World Computer Rapid Chess Championships
If you don't have an ICC account:
Last day to register is July 13, 2016 11:59 PM California, USA time.
If you have an ICC account:
Last day to register: July 15, 2016 at 1 AM New York, USA.
The date is July 16/17 2016. It will
utilize Rapid Chess time controls. The tournament will take place over the
Internet via ICC but we encourage those that live close enough to gather at one place to
improve the experience and share ideas !!
|Site || ICC (chessclub.com) |
|Suggested interface|| HGM's latest Winboard, Tim Mann's Winboard, or ChessPartner |
|Rounds||9 Rounds Saturday|
|Note: ||Below Round Times may be slightly adjusted |
|Round Times (Eastern USA - New York) (ICC Server Time)
|Saturday July 16 2016||Rd 1 at 9am||30 min break between rounds 4 & 5|
|Sunday July 17 2016||Rd 9 at 9am|| times and breaks dependent on number of rounds|
|Time Control||Rapid: G/25+4|
|Tie Breaks|| First to 2 points with a 1 point lead Playoff at G/10+1 (coin toss decides first white). If both one reaches two points
without a 1 point lead, then it is first to a 1 point lead. Organizer may declare a drawn
match if the number of games gets too large.|
|Hardware|| Open |
|Accounts|| ICC usually provides temporary free accounts for participants allowing access before the tournament |
| TD || Typically provided by ICC |
- Standard rules of chess apply: Three fold repetition, 50 move rule .....
- Allowed Entrants:
- Only the author of the program or an approved operator may enter.
- Entrants are open to author's and (qualified) operator's from the entire world.
- Entering programs must be by an established author with a tournament track record. Completely new programs from unknown authors will not be allowed. There are numerous online/offline tournaments to establish a track record: HGM's monthly, FICS monthly, WBEC, CCRL, Open War, ....
- Only one program allowed per author.
- Programs by differing authors are NOT allowed to use the same opening book. Violation of this gets a warning then disqualification upon second
violation. To prove your books authenticity, it must be sent to the tournament organizer upon claim of violation.
- In the event of a odd number of entrants, an alternate program may be entered to avoid byes.
- Program Operation:
- Programs must be logged in 10 minutes before each rounds start time.
- Any program arriving more than 15 minutes late for a round will forfeit that round.
- Any entrant that completely misses the first round is dropped from the tournament. That means that showing up late for the first round, but before the second round starts keeps you in the tournament.
- Programs must run in an automated fashion. You can start them but they must run by themselves and make all decisions themselves (including resign/draw).
- Changing versions of the program between rounds is allowed.
- Programs must kibitz their PV and (if possible) a message that the move is a book move.
If possible, kibitz only on your turn not during pondering.
You may kibitz a few plies before the final ply, but keep it to a minimum as too many will
block all that chatter amongst the participants which most of us want to participate in.
- Participants are allowed 2 disconnects per game. That is disconncects that interrupt the game. On the third disconnect the match is forfeit. A 5 minute allowance is granted for each disconnect.
The third disconnect must be reported to the TD by the opponent and the TD will make the ruling.
- Programs must be able to resume a match after a disconnect. This is part of the Winboard & UCI protocol so it should be already handled.
- In the event of a dispute, the TD & Organizer decision is final and the spirit of this tournament will be considered in all disputes.
- Originality, Cloning and Derivative works:
- Each program must be the work of the author. Entrants may not copy the work of others.
- (A) The exception to this is any work that uses the LesserProphet1.0.1 as its base, but it may not use other code from other sources.
- (B) Clone accusations will be handled privately so as not to unduly harm reputations.
- (C) The entrant accused of cloning is considered innocent until proven guilty.
- (D) The reuse of concepts/ideas is allowed. The reuse of code/parameters/frameworks is not allowed.
- (E) If an entrant is accused of cloning, the accusation and data will be reviewed first.
- (F) The entrant accused of cloning may be required to submit compilable source code and the executable being run in the tournament for review.
If the accused fails to provide the information, the entrant is dropped from the tournament.
- (G) The accused entrant will be able to defend his/her work.
- (H) If the accused entrant is found to be a clone, it will be dropped from this tournament.
- (I) The TDs and a knowledgeable review committee will be created to review the case.
- If an entrant makes several unsubstantiated claims of others being clones, that entrant will be dropped from this tournament.
- Initial seedings will be based on ICC (standard), RWBC and WBEC ratings.
- In case of a tie, there will be a G/10+1 playoff after a small break (long enough for the organizer to verify results).
The higher finisher gets white first. The higher finisher is decided by the running sum of points gained by rounds (Assuming a 14 round tournament, a win in Rd 1 counts as 14 Pt's,
a win in Rd 2 counts as 13 pts.....)
- The tie breaker round requires that its winner win the match by a 1 point margin or more and will finish when the victor achieves 2 points or more with a 1 point lead.
|allow kibitz variable must be 1:|| set allowkib 1|
|noescape variable must be 0 (disconnect/reconnects are allowed but limited): ||set noescape 0|
|Use a special formula for the tournament:|| set formula computer & unrated & time=25 & inc=4|
|Join computer discussion channel on ICC:||+ch 64|
| Recommendation: ||Have a backup computer ready in case of crash.|
Thanks and Credits
Thanks go to the ICGA and the sponsors of the CCT's. I reviewed their rules as guidelines for our rules.
Special thanks to ICC for supporting this tournament!